Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happiness is an Organized Closet

or Dressing Room if you are lucky enough!  Happy March:)  I cannot remember ever being this excited for Spring, but I am practically bursting this year!  To celebrate the arrival of warmer weather and blooming flowers I have been doing some spring cleaning focused specifically on my closet.  I am so done with all of the big dark sweaters of fall and winter and am getting much pleasure packing them up into bins for summer storage.  And pulling out some of my stuff from last spring and summer is like shopping without depleting your bank account.  Every year I vow that I am going to keep my super teeny tiny closet organized and beautiful all season long.  We will see how that goes, for now I am using these photos as inspirations.

Aerin Lauder Dressing Room via Elle Decor



Windsor Smith via House Beautiful


Jenna Lyons Dressing Room

Olivia Wilde Dressing Room via InStyle

Laura Vinroot Poole (Owner of the Poole Shop in Charlotte) via Domino

via Elle Decor

Kaihoi Closet via House Beautiful - This closet is probably most similar in size to mine (sad!) and the key to this closet according to the owners is careful wardrobe editing.  I do love the pop of painted red in contrast to the soft pale pink wallpaper

Nicky Hilton Closet via InStyle - the contrast of the white and black and the glass doors - LOVE!
How could I collect closet and dressing room photos and not include a Carrie Bradshaw closet?  via hookedonhouses.net.  I know you were probably expecting the heavenly white closet from the movie, but I actually like this closet better for me.  Kind of like Goldilocks I think this one is just right:)

I love the chandeliers in these dressing rooms - if I ever get myself a dressing room it will most definitely have some sort of beautiful chandelier.  Quality matching wood hangers are a must - I did invest in some years ago and have never regretted it.  As I am going through my previous spring and summer items I am making piles of dry cleaning (wow is that a big pile!), tailoring, donate, and consign.  It is hard at first, but it really feels great to purge the items you are not using.  Then the fun part is assessing if there are any holes that need filling - dresses, sweaters possibly a wedge.

1 comment:

  1. I adore them all so. I just wish I could even see the floor of mine. It is hard to find the motivation to get organized until you see how pretty this look. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete