Thursday, February 24, 2011

Instant Room!

Remember my friend I pulled the living room inspirations for?  Based on some of the photos that she connected with I started sourcing some pieces I think she might like:

I have an obsession with throw pillows - I want them all!  Getting pillows made from custom fabric can get really pricey really quickly when you have to order a minimum of 3 or 4 yards and you only need a couple of pillows.   I really like Celerie Kemble's fabric so I did a search on Etsy and found a bunch of pillows already made!
To gain the most longevity from larger pieces of upholstered furniture I think solids or very subtle prints in classic colors are the best choice.  You can always get some pillows or throws in trendier colors and patterns and change them out as often as you like!






I am a big fan of versatility.  This piece is a buffet, but in this room I envision it serving as a catch all storage piece floating under a flat screen tv.  For entertaining add a shiny silver tray on top and set up a mini bar.  This would also be lovely repurposed later in an office, dining room or entry.

Celerie Kemble Pillows via Etsy, Hollywood Chair via Hickory Chair, Robert Abbey Turquoise Lamp, WS Home Sofa, Madeline Weinrib Brooke Rug, Viceroy Buffet Baker Studio

1 comment: